Flora Udo's Choice DHA 3 6 9 Blend Description
- Non-GMO Project Verified
- Plant Based Omega-3
- Supports Cognitive Function & Overall Health
- Based on the Ideal 2:1:1 Ratio of Omega Fatty Acids
Made with DHA sourced from unrefined algae, not fish, Udo’s Oil™ DHA 3•6•9 Blend offers you vitally important omega-3 fatty acids made from completely sustainable plant sources. A renewable resource, cultivated tank-grown algae has no detrimental impact on worldwide fisheries. We get our DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) the same way fish get theirs—directly from algae. Because it’s tank grown-algal sourced, this DHA product is free from ocean-borne contaminants.
DHA supports the proper functioning of our brains as adults and for the development of our nervous system during the first six month of life.* One serving of Udo’s DHA Oil Blend provides 100 milligrams of DHA omega-3 fatty acids.
- Source of omega-3 and omega-6 Essential Fatty Acids in 2 to 1 ratio
- Contains algal-sourced DHA, a vegetarian, sustainable alternative to fish oils
- Supports the brain in adults
- Supports the development of our nervous system in the first six months of life.*
- One serving of Udo’s Oil™ DHA 3•6•9 Blend provides 100 mg of DHA
- 100 mg of DHA is 33% of the Adequate Intake (AI) of DHA for pregnant/nursing women and 45% of the AI of DHA for general adult population as recommended by ISSFAL (International Society for the Study of Fats and Lipids)
Udo’s Oil™ DHA 3•6•9 Blend combines DHA-rich algae with a special formulation of natural, unrefined oils from fresh organic flax, sunflower, sesame and evening primrose seeds as well as oils from coconut and rice bran. DHA is one of the most important long-chain fatty acids in the omega-3 family: the majority of the fatty acids found in the brain and in the retina are in the form of DHA. The body can convert DHA to EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid), an omega-3 fatty acid that is a precursor to the production of prostaglandins which help promote good health.
- This blend contains organic unrefined seed oils from flax, sunflower, sesame and evening primrose along with organic coconut, rice bran, and oat bran oils, organic soy lecithin and non-GMO mixed tocopherols
- Freshly-pressed, organic and unrefined
- Expeller-pressed in a low heat, light and oxygen-free environment and thoughtfully packaged in brown glass, nitrogen-flushed and stored in a box for further protection
- All the ingredients in Udo’s Oil™ DHA 3•6•9 Blend pass rigorous quality control testing and are produced under Good Manufacturing Practices
- Formulated by Udo Erasmus, author of Fats that Heal Fats that Kill
- For optimum freshness keep refridgerated
- Use in salads, salad dressings, smoothies, casseroles, dips, on all your favorite meals once cooking is complete
- Do not cook with Udo’s Oil™ DHA 3•6•9 Blend as direct heat will diminish the healthful properties of the Essential Fatty Acids
- You can find Udo’s Oil™ DHA 3•6•9 Blend in the refrigerator section of your favorite health food store
The cloudy layer in the oil is unique to this blend. To obtain its benefits, shake bottle gently before each use.
Take 1 Tbsp. or more a day with meals (up to 1 Tbsp. per 50 lbs of body weight per day).
For best results, substitute other sources of dietary fat with Udo's Oil.
Organic flax seed oil, organic sunflower seed oil, organic sesame seed oil, organic evening primrose seed oil, algal oil (Schizochytrium sp.), organic coconut oil, organic rice bran oil, organic soy lecithin, rosemary leaf extract**, high oleic sunflower oil, tocopherols**, ascorbyl palmitate**, organic oat bran oil.
** as an antioxidant
FOR OPTIMUM FRESHNESS, keep refrigerated. Do not heat or use for frying. Once opened, use within 2 months. Udo’s Oil can be frozen to maintain freshness for longer periods.
Flora conducts stability testing at 35º Celsius / 95º Fahrenheit for up to 5 days without any loss in quality compared to label claims.
View All Flora (Udo's Choice)
View All Vitamins & Minerals > Fish Oils & Omegas > Omega 3
View All Vitamins & Minerals > Fish Oils & Omegas > DHA
View All Vitamins & Minerals > Condition-Specific > Brain & Memory
View All Vitamins & Minerals > Condition-Specific > Stress & Mood Support