Hylands Homepathic Defend Cold + Mucus Description
- Thins & Loosens Mucus in Chest, Throat & Nose
- Natural, Safe & Effective Relief
- Less Than 0.1% Alcohol
- Natural Active Ingredients
- Non-Habit Forming
As busy people, we sometimes take care of ourselves last – even when we have a cold. So by the time we seek help, lots of mucus as already built up in our bodies. This product helps break down the accumulation of thick mucus in the chest, throat and nose. It’s an expectorant that brings relief from coughs and congestion and it doesn’t make you drowsy. It’s also the kind of comfort you deserve when suffering from a cold. Temporarily relieves symptoms of colds, including accumulation of mucus in chest, throat and nose, cough with expectoration of thick, discolored mucus, runny nose, sneezing, and nasal congestion.
- Measure only with the dosing cup provided.
- Do not use dosing cup with other products.
- On dosing cup, ml = milliliter, tsp = teaspoon.
Adults and children 12 years and over - 15 ml or 3 teaspoons up to 6 times per day (every 4 hours)
Children 6 years to under 12 years - 10 ml or 2 teaspoons up to 6 times per day (every 4 hours)
Children 2 years to under 6 years - 5 ml or 1 teaspoon up to 6 times per day (every 4 hours)
Temporarily relieves symptoms of colds, including accumulation of mucus in chest, throat and nose, cough with expectoration of thick, discolored mucus, runny nose, sneezing, and nasal congestion.
Active ingredients | Purpose:
- Bryonia 6X HPUS: stubborn mucus in throat, cough with yellowish mucus
- Euphrasia Officinalis 6X HPUS: cough with mucus in chest
- Hepar Sulph Calc 12X HPUS: cough up mucus, mucus rattle with cough, stubborn mucus in chest
- Natrum Muriaticum 30X HPUS: accumulation of mucus in throat, cough up mucus
- Phosphorus 30X HPUS: cough with expectoration of yellow mucus, chest congestion
- Pulsatilla 6X HPUS: accumulation of mucus, discharge of thick, yellowish mucus, loose cough
- Rumex Crispus 6X HPUS: runny nose, sneezing
- Silicea 12X HPUS: nasal congestion
“HPUS” indicates the active ingredients are in the official Homeopathic Pharmacopœia of the United States.
Citric Acid, Glycyrrhiza Extract, Purified Water, Sodium Benzoate, Vegetable Glycerine.
As with any drug, ask a doctor before use if pregnant or nursing. Consult a physician if:
- Symptoms persist for more than 48 hours or worsen
- Cough tends to recur of is accompanied by a high fever, rash or persistent headache
- Keep this and all medications out of the reach of children. In case of accidental overdose, contact a medical professional or a poison control center immediately.
- Do not use this product for persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with asthma, smoking or emphysema or if cough is accompanied by excessive phlegm (mucus).
- A persistent cough may be a sign of a serious condition.
- Do not use if imprinted tamper band is broken or missing.
- In case of emergency, contact a medical professional or poison control center immediately. Hyland’s may also be contacted for emergency information about our products 24 hours a day, 7 days per week at (800) 624-9659.
View All Hyland's Homeopathy
View All Vitamins & Minerals > Condition-Specific > Immune Support > Lung & Bronchial
View All Vitamins & Minerals > Homeopathic > Homeopathic Cold Remedies
Top 10 Vitamins