NutriGold Triglyceride Omega-3 Gold Description
- Supports Overall Cardiovascular Health
- Supports Cognitive Function
- Supports Joint & Vision Health
- Supports Positive Mood & Emotional Health
Omega-3 fatty acids, also known as polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs), are essential fatty acids that are implicated in several bodily functions. However, the body cannot make these fatty acids, making it necessary to get the required amounts from food (e.g. fatty fish) or supplementation. Omega-3 fatty acids can be found in fish, such as salmon, cod, tuna, and halibut, other seafood including algae and krill, some plants, and nut oils. Although Omega-3 fatty acids play a crucial role in supporting cardiovascular and joint health, they are also extremely important for brain function as well as normal growth and development.
Ethyl Ester (EE) versus Triglyceride (TG) forms of Omega-3 Fatty Acids
Most fish oil supplements are either available in Ethyl Ester form or the Triglyceride form. Structurally, the major difference between the two forms is that in Ethyl Ester, the fatty acids (EPA & DHA) are esterified to an ethanol backbone, while in TG, the fatty acids are esterified to a glycerol alcohol backbone; there are absolutely no differences in the two forms of fish oil in terms of stability. The vast majority of clinical studies examining supplemental Omega-3s have been performed on the Ethyl Ester form and results from studies comparing the relative bioavailability of the EE form versus the TG form have found increased bioavailability of the TG form in the short-term (2 weeks), but this difference disappears when fish oil is routinely supplemented and a steady state has been achieved over a longer period of time.
The scientific evidence currently available does not point to any significant differences between the two forms in terms of bioavailability or health benefits when taken over extended periods of time (which is the norm for most individuals) and the decision to supplement with the TG form versus the EE form is, in most cases, a matter of personal preference.
- A premium fish oil concentrate providing the highest amounts of EPA and DHA in natural Triglyceride form per softgel
- Pharmaceutical grade fish oil concentrate sourced from certified sustainable wild-caught Pacific fish (Cod, Pollock) found in deep, cold, pure Alaskan ocean waters
- IFOS 5-Star Certified for meeting GOED, CRN & WHO standards for purity, potency, and freshness
- Contains 1400 mg of the essential EPA and DHA fatty acids in each 2,000 mg serving
- Molecularly distilled, independently tested, and guaranteed by a third-party lab to be free of heavy metals, Dioxins, PCB, and toxins
- Verified free of allergens by an independent, third-party lab
- Verified free of GMOs by an independent, third-party lab specializing in GMO testing
- 100% product of the USA - most of the Fish Oil products currently sold in the US are from fish that are caught in the warm, Atlantic waters off the coast of South America, processed and extracted in manufacturing facilities off the coast of Norway, and encapsulated in USA
As a dietary supplement, adults take two (2) softgels daily before food, or as directed by a healthcare professional.
Purified Fish Oil concentrate, Softgel Capsule (Bovine Gelatin, Vegetable Glycerin, Purified Water), Natural Mixed Tocopherols. Contains a fish derivative (fish oil from Alaska pollock). Bovine gelatin is BSE-free and certified kosher/halal.
Does NOT contain GMOs, additives, fillers, artificial ingredients, Stearates, Sulfates, Laurates, or Dioxides.
FREE of egg, milk, peanut, shellfish, and wheat.
View All NutriGold
View All Vitamins & Minerals > Fish Oils & Omegas > Omega 3
View All Vitamins & Minerals > Fish Oils & Omegas > DHA
Top 10 Supplements
Top 10 Omega-3