Savesta Ashwagandha Description
- Helpls to Manage Daily Stress
- Supports Healthy Brain Function
- Soy, Wheat, Gluten & GMO Free
Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) is renowned as an herbal adaptogen. In the Indian Ayurvedic tradition, Ashwagandha is used as a Rasayana: a dietary supplement or practice promoting rejuvenation, mental and physical health, as well as providing a defense against aging and challenging environmental factors. Ashwagandha root has been shown to protect brain cells from oxidative damage caused by exposure to stressors.
- Ashwagandha reduced the number of neurons damaged due to oxidative stress by 80% — an effect attributed to protection against stress-induced free radicals in key areas of the brain.
- Research has shown that animals receiving Ashwagandha are significantly protected against the negative effects of chronic stress on memory, mood, sexual behavior, immune function, and antioxidant levels in the brain.
- In a placebo-controlled study, men and women given an extract of Ashwagandha root showed improved mental skills by performing better in reaction times, mental arithmetic, and logical deductions.
- Ashwagandha also supports healthy aging. In a randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind study of healthy men, aged 50-59 years, taking Ashwagandha, red blood cell counts and the hemoglobin level significantly increased; the decrease in nail calcium was significantly less; the erythrocyte sedimentation rate significantly decreased; and while the seated stature of the subjects significantly improved, 71.4% reported improvements in their sexual performance.
Take 1 (500 mg) capsule, one to two times per day or as directed by your health care practitioner. Best results are achieved after 30 days.
Vegetarian capsules, silicon dioxide, l-leucine, bamboo leaf extract 20:1 (Phyllostachys nigra), microcrystalline cellulose.
View All Savesta
View All Vitamins & Minerals > Condition-Specific > Brain & Memory
View All Vitamins & Minerals > Condition-Specific > Stress & Mood Support